Kerry Washington strolled into the Met Gala with purple hair that had lots of natural body and amazing shine.
Celebrity Hairstylist Takisha Sturdivant-Drew who created Washington’s look says, “I wanted to style her hair with texture and incorporate some color with a chopped layered cut. My inspiration was to give her a vamp yet sexy look to go with her dress. When it came to styling her hair, it was all about the cut.
Get the look with steps below:
- Shampoo with the Neutrogena Triple Repair Shampoo which instantly cleanses the hair without stripping it.
- Condition with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Mask, an intensive moisture treatment that restores shine and leaves the hair soft and lustrous. Pro Tip: “When trying to achieve this look, you always have to start with a great quality shampoo and conditioner. But nothing that’s going to weigh the hair down.”
- After rinsing the conditioner out thoroughly, towel-dry hair.
- Blow dry hair with the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer, and lift at the roots with the T3 AntiGravity Barrel Brush.
- Part hair on the right side and add waves with the T3 Bodywaver 1.75” Styling Iron for fullness, shine and texture. Pro Tip: “I love that with this tool I’m not going to damage Kerry’s hair. It has constant heat through the plates so it is much more gentle on the strands.”
- Starting at the root, wrap medium strands of the hair loosely around the Bodywaver for 7 seconds, pinning the curls as you go. Pro Tip: “Alternate clock and counter clockwise with the iron throughout the hair to pump up the volume.”
- Let the curls set for an hour, then remove the clips out and brush them out with the T3 Vent Brush.
- For added texture, Takisha clipped in TSD Hair Extensions in the center.
- To finish, Takisha gathered her hair altogether in the mid-center, cut it in the back and let the hair fall forward for some drama.
Read more on hairstyles…
Copy/Paste link: chocolateinformed.com/archives/13721