10 Things Houston Vines did to Lose Weight with the Body Shape Challenge
Our good friend, Houston Vines CEO, Vineyard Marketing Group and host of Incite-TV looked in the mirror and noticed the washboard abs he had in his 20’s couldn’t be found. He also noticed that his pants were fitting him a little tighter because his abs had long been covered with 20 or more pounds of flab. When he stepped on the scale, he realized he weighed close to 200lbs and that was far too much weight to carry around on his frame.
Houston decided to make small changes in his lifestyle to lose weight and the very first thing he did was commit himself to the Summer Fitness Challenge with The Tyrell Clemons Morning Show and the Body Shape Challenge at WootenFitnezz.com located in Greenville, NC. Houston has been into martial arts since high school and he really had to mentally prepare for this challenge. One of his short term goals is to begin instructing self-defense classes in the Greenville area and weighing over 200lbs and looking a bit out of shape wasn’t a good look from a marketing point of view. He had to look the part if he was going to motivate people to attend any classes. So, Houston was motivated to stay focused on losing a few extra pounds because meeting his goal to look the part of a professional martial arts expert depended on it.
Check out the before and after photos:
Click Image and vote for Contestant #9
Below is a list of weight loss tips Houston used to drop his weight from around 200lbs to 175lbs in just 6 short weeks.
1. Set Clear Goals: Your goal should be one that you can accomplish with not much effort. Know your limitations and set your goals accordingly.
2. Get new friends. If your current friends prefer beer, pizza, wings, and nachos on a regular basis, then it’s time to find one’s who are like-minded and want to be healthy.
3. Eat more protein: Eating protein regularly throughout the day. Every meal and snack should include some protein.
4 Perform full body exercises. Don’t just target train the midsection, chest, etc. Think: squats, deadlifts, chin-ups, and pushups. You’ll get more from each workout.
5. Start your meals with a salad. Salads will provide some bulk to help fill you up – so that you eat less calories overall.
6. Replace one meal a day with a large salad and lean protein. This is a simple way to instantly improve your diet. Houston learned that he loved the taste of Spinach!
7. Stay upright and mobile: To burn more calories, stay upright and mobile. This means not sitting in front of a computer, TV, phone, etc all day. Stand and you’ll burn more and be more productive.
8. Leave something on your plate at the end of the meal. Every little bit counts.
9. Decrease your food intake by 100 calories per day. This translates to losing nearly 1 pound per month (1 lb = 3500 calories)—with hardly any effort. Be sure to consume at least 1,200 calories a day on your diet.
10. Drink a supplement weight loss product: Research suggests that those who drink weight loss supplements such as tea—black, green, or white, as long as it’s from real tea versus herbal tea—have lower BMIs and less body fat than those who don’t consume tea.
Source: Men’s Health