5 Facts You May Not Have Known about Lance Gross – Fit Famous and Fabulous hosted by Adrienne Janic and featuring Lance Gross! -Chocolate Informed-
1. Lance Gross attended Howard University, and passed up the opportunity of becoming a Pro Track & Field athlete. Instead, he chose to pursue his dream of acting. He received a Bachelor of Arts in theater and then trained at The Ivanna Chubbuck Studio as well as the Tasha Smith Acting Studio.
2. Gross began his career by modelling for Karl Kani and appearing in music videos for artists such as Mary J. Blige, Rihanna, and Mariah Carey.
3. In 2006, he had minor roles in Eve and The Bernie Mac Show. While he was performing in the Tasha Smith Acting Studio, he was discovered by Tyler Perry, who happened to be watching a night class. He was consequently cast as Calvin Payne on Perry’s new sitcom House of Payne.
4. He was awarded four NAACP Image Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series.
5. In 2008, Lance Gross made his film debut in the romantic comedy Meet The Browns.